The SmartView MultiScreen expands the horizons of computer control by adding multiple monitor support to an advanced KVM switch. The SmartView range of KVM (Keyboard, Video monitor, Mouse) switches are known for their robust and reliable operation and have been trusted by many to provide problem free control of multiple computers. The MultiScreen is a new concept in KVM switches and enables you to benefit from all the convenience of the proven SmartView switches whilst taking advantage of the multiple monitor facilities available on many modern computers.
Computers fitted with multiple video cards are becoming more common as operating systems have developed to make use of the extended video “real estate” offered by multiple monitors. The increased display area enables more information to be presented to the user without reducing the resolution. The Multiscreen enables several computers equipped with these multiple video facilities to be controlled from a keyboard, mouse and an array of monitors. All the monitors and the keyboard and mouse are switched together from one computer to the next giving you full control of the wider picture.
Like all SmartView switches, the MultiScreen maximises the video quality by minimising any ghosting, smudging or fading effects. Consequently, excellent video clarity is maintained even at higher screen resolutions. DDC (Display Data Channel) signalling is supported on all the SmartView’s video ports making them “plug-and-play” compatible and enabling your computers’ video cards to be configured for best performance.
The SmartView recognises the importance of quick and easy channel switching by providing features that simplify the computer selection process. The keyboard hotkey sequences are designed for quick-fire operation and the mouse may be used to “flick through” active computers with minimal hand movements. Ease of use is further enhanced by the optional remote controller which enables a very neat installation whilst keeping you in full control.
- Control several multi-video enabled PCs from a single keyboard, mouse and bank of video monitors.
- High quality video with DDC support and resolutions up to 1920 by 1440 pixels.
- Dual and quad video head models available with two and four computer ports.
- Computer selection via keyboard hotkeys, mouse, front panel key, RS232 or remote controller.
- SmartBoot enables simultaneous bootup of all computers.
- Software independent operation ensures very wide compatibility.
- Reliably draws power from the attached PCs avoiding the need for an extra power supply.
- Flash upgradeable for future device support and enhancements.
- Excellent for banking, security and engineering applications.
- Cascadeable to support more than four computers.
- Hardware compatible with desktop and laptop PCs, RS6000, SGI and DEC Alphas.
- May be linked together to synchronously switch up to sixteen monitors.